PREP: 5 min.
COOK: 0 min.
Tuna Melt is a gorgeous treat. Food wishes has a nice open sandwich variant you should try for lunch.
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1 can of tuna (MSC certified, please)
- 1 slice of lemon
- Mayo (see introduction)
- 200 g grated Gouda
- freshly ground black pepper & salt
- optionally: 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- optionally: 1 tablespoon of chopped green onions
The tuna melt topping will at least serve two.
- Mix mayo, tuna and cheese, using a fork
- add pepper and salt to your liking
- refrigerate until ready to make sandwich
- Lay around four table spoons on first slice
- Lay top slice on and press down
- Cut & present to your liking
If you connect “tuna melt” with molten cheese, go ahead. Just butter the sandwich on the outside, put the sandwich on a steak skillet and cover it. Brown for 3-5 min. per side and check for melting.
The Best Tuna Melt Sandwich On Sourdough Bread comes from Chef John.